Friday, June 14, 2013

Authors, Blogging, and Pimping

I never realized just how hard it is to maintain a "dual" life. I juggle having a life (however small and non existent it is) offline, running my page, helping other authors, and writing. I know at some point my body will remind me that a human being can not function 3-4 hours of sleep a day. I hope it forgets I'd hate to miss something because I crashed! I can't help but wonder how other people do it. Though I have heard from other authors that they lost half their support networks due to the people publishing their own books. It seems once most people become authors themselves they forget the commitments they made to people they call their friends. I for one hope I never become that.I've only been doing the pimping thing for 5 months now, but I thoroughly enjoy helping other authors spread the word about their books. And besides, those that flaked on helping their support network, how do they expect to get support when they don't give it to anyone else? Then there's the page. Many other authors stopped running their blogs and facebook pages once they were published. Why would anyone do that? A blog page is like a family the people on it will be some of your biggest supporters, why would anyone toss all that away? I have no intention of ever closing Cu's Ebook Giveaways if I can help it. I think I do just fine with my schedule as tight as it is. The only time I don't post to my page is when I know I won't be home long enough to do it all...and on Sundays.. Sunday is my off day from the page. I spend that entire day writing. I think I'm done rambling for now. I just wanted to let people know that just because you publish a book that doesn't mean you should forget the bonds and friendships and commitments you had before the book >^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment